YOU KNOW THE routine by now: in order to have healthy teeth, you need to brush twice a day and visit your dentist twice a year. Well, that’s still true. But if you’re ready for something new, try out these surprising habits that can make a huge difference in your oral health.
- Limit Starchy Snacks: Carbohydrates turn into sugars as soon as they enter your body. Sugars create acid, which attacks your teeth.
- Chew Or Rinse: After you eat, chew some sugar-free gum. And after you drink soda, coffee, or juice, rinse with water. This will encourage saliva flow, rebalance the pH in your mouth, and get rid of extra food particles or staining material.
- Get Your Fluoride: It strengthens your teeth and prevents cavities, so grab some fluoridated toothpaste and get into the habit of using it.
- Floss: It’s the mantra of dentists everywhere. Are you listening to it? Flossing will save your gums, and healthy gums will save your teeth. Floss until you love it.
- Eat Calcium And Vitamin C: Calcium strengthens your teeth, and Vitamin C will help you have healthier gums. Eat plenty of citrus, dairy, and leafy greens.
Here at Dental Partners of Boston, we want to be your partners in dental care for a lifetime. And we know that exercising these habits will help your lifetime be longer and healthier. So try them out! Let us know how it goes for you.
If ever you have any questions for our team regarding preventative care, let us know. We love talking with our patients about their health and appearance.
Thank you for choosing us as your dental health team.