Teeth whitening is the most common form of cosmetic dentistry and millions of patients undergo professional treatments each year. There are several cosmetic procedures and Zoom! Teeth Whitening is an extremely effective solution to whiten teeth. In this post, we will talk about what it is and how it works.
What is Zoom! Teeth Whitening?
Zoom! Teeth Whitening is done using a bleaching process. The goal is to restore the appearance of naturally white teeth by undoing enamel and dentin discoloration. Tea, coffee, red wine, smoking, or aging can all cause discoloration. For this reason, you should avoid these things after getting teeth whitening treatment.
It is a highly popular treatment choice due to the high success rates, speed of treatment, instant results, and competitive pricing. While it is very safe for adults, it is not suitable for children under 13 due to bleaching agents and the fact that they are still developing.
How Are Zoom! Teeth Whitening Procedures Completed?
Zoom! Teeth Whitening treatments take only a single session, often within one hour. The bleaching can produce instant transformations, although it can take 48 hours for the peak results to show.
The treatment itself takes several steps:
- Cleaning of the teeth to ensure all tooth surfaces are free from obstructions.
- Treated areas cover the gums but leave the teeth exposed to ensure the whitening agent does not touch the gums.
- A specialized Zoom! hydrogen peroxide whitening gel is applied to the teeth.
- Your Boston dentist shines light from the specialized Zoom! Advanced Power Chairside Lamp onto the gels to activate it. The gel contains 25 percent hydrogen peroxide whitening, which breaks down stains by allowing oxygen to enter the enamel and dentin.
- The next steps involve three 15-minute light treatment sessions, giving a total treatment of 45 minutes.
- After treatment, the dentist applies a gel to reduce sensitivity within the tooth.
The treatment does not alter the tooth structure in any way.
Is Zoom! Tooth Whitening The Right Option?
Zoom! Tooth Whitening is a very popular treatment choice, but Dental Partners of Boston is committed to ensuring all patients find the best solution for their individual needs. A comprehensive examination of the teeth and gums, alongside discussions about oral hygiene habits, and goals allow us to advise on the best treatment options.
It is also an opportunity for our Boston dentists to investigate previous dental work such as crowns and veneers to confirm that Zoom! whitening is a suitable solution. Following the completion of the treatment, the use of a Zoom! home-use touch-up kit will ensure that the results are built to last. Aftercare additionally extends to tips on daily nutritional and hygiene habits. Schedule your Zoom! teeth whitening appointment today!