Did you know that tooth loss usually has NOTHING to do with aging and EVERYTHING to do with gum disease—a disease that is also linked to diabetes, cancer, and heart problems?
Luckily, this fact means that you DON’T have to become a victim simply because life wants to wear you down. As average life spans are increasing, it is even more important to understand your aging smile. And, as with any age smile, there are a few Musts, Shoulds, and Could that you should take into consideration:
- As we get older, our receding gums can expose roots to cavities and decay. Don’t ever postpone your regular professional visits with Dr. Guzman or any of our other doctors.
- Some of you might have dental work in your mouth that is many decades old. Even if this dental work may not seem to be bothering you, it is greatly increasing the potential of decay setting in around the edges of old fillings or crowns. See one of our Dentists here at Dental Partners of Boston to be sure you aren’t at risk.
- Modern dental implants look, feel, and function as well as natural teeth. If you have been unfortunate enough to experience tooth loss, then advanced restorative implants might be just the solution for you.
- Boost self-confidence. 90% of dental implant patients who previously had dentures say that their confidence is up and that the procedure is well worth repeating.
- More and more elderly patients are now deciding to keep their natural teeth and beautify their existing smiles with cosmetic veneers. It’s a simple procedure and there’s very little discomfort. Now you can too.
Here at DPB, we want to be sure that each of our senior patients is well cared for. If you know of an elderly loved one who really should have a dental visit, but is perhaps afraid, or unable to see the value, please let us know. We are very sensitive to those fears, and we can help you.
Also, don’t forget to become a fan of our Facebook Page. It’s a great way to keep track of everything going on in our office that affects your family’s oral health.