AT DENTAL PARTNERS OF BOSTON, we are in the business of smiles. Why? Because we know that a lot of good is packed into such a small expression.
When you smile, great things can happen—for your appearance and your health.
5 Great, Life-Improving Reasons To Smile
- Smiling lifts the face, making you look younger and more approachable, whereas frowns or scowls can be aging and are often interpreted as a cues to “stay away.” If you want to put people at ease in your presence… then show off your grin.
- Studies have shown that a smile, even a forced one, can alter your mood and help reduce stress. If you’re feeling down, get rid of the frown! A healthy display of your pearly whites can lessen physical tension, make you feel more capable, and can even help keep you from looking tired and overwhelmed.
- People who smile more tend to get sick less. Smiling boosts the immune system and can protect you from maladies such as the flu and cold. When you smile, there is also a noticeable reduction in your blood pressure.
- Smiling makes you feel better. That’s the simple and perhaps, the most important truth. Research shows that smiling releases endorphins, natural painkillers, and serotonin. It’s an all-natural drug that can lead to the best side effect… happiness.
- Smiling is contagious. It makes you and those around you smile. We know you and your grin have large potential to change the world for the better and that’s why we want to make sure you’re happy showing off your pearly whites.
If, for any reason, you’re uncomfortable with your smile or dental health, let’s visit. We want you to feel 100% confident when you smile. Feel free to call or reach out to us on our Facebook page.