Teeth whitening is the most common form of cosmetic dentistry by a considerable distance as millions of patients undergo professional treatments each year. There are several methods to complete the procedures, and Zoom! Teeth Whitening is an extremely effective solution.
What is Zoom! Teeth Whitening?
Zoom! treatments are a type of teeth whitening procedure that are completed through bleaching processes. Their aim is to restore the appearance of a naturally white smile by undoing the cosmetic impacts of enamel and dentin discoloration, which may have been caused from certain drinks (tea, coffee, red wine), smoking, or the signs of aging.
It is a highly popular treatment choice due to the high success rates, speed of treatment, instant results, and competitive pricing. While it is very safe for adults, it is not suitable for children under 13 due to bleaching agents and the fact that they are still developing.
How Are Zoom! Teeth Whitening Procedures Completed?
Zoom! Teeth Whitening treatments are completed in a single session, meaning that the entire procedure can be completed in just one hour. The bleaching can produce instant transformations, although it can take 48 hours for the peak results to show.
The treatment itself is completed in several stages:
- Cleaning of the teeth to ensure all tooth surfaces are free from obstructions.
- Preparations of the treatment area are completed to cover the gums but leave the teeth exposed, ensuring that the whitening agents only hit the tooth and do not damage the mouth.
- A specialized Zoom! hydrogen peroxide whitening gel is applied to the teeth.
- Your Boston dentist shines light from the specialized Zoom! Advanced Power Chairside Lamp onto the gels to activate the 25 percent hydrogen peroxide whitening, which breaks down the stains by allowing oxygen to enter the enamel and dentin.
- Light treatment is used over three 15-minute sessions, giving a total treatment o 45 minutes.
- After the treatment, the dentist applies a gel to reduce sensitivity within the tooth.
The treatment does not alter the tooth structure in any shape or form.
Is Zoom! Tooth Whitening The Right Option?
Zoom! Tooth Whitening is a very popular treatment choice, but Dental Partners Of Boston are committed to ensuring all patients find the best solution for their individual needs. A comprehensive examination of the teeth and gums, alongside discussions about lifestyle and oral hygiene habits, as well as your budget, enables all patients to make a calculated decision.
It is also an opportunity for our Boston dentsts to investigate previous dental work such as crowns and veneers to confirm that Zoom! whitening is a suitable solution. Following the completion of the treatment, the use of a Zoom! home-use touch-up kit will ensure that the results are built to last. Aftercare additionally extends to tips on daily nutritional and hygiene habits. Schedule your Zoom! teeth whitening appointment today!