GUM DISEASE, ALSO KNOWN AS periodontitis, is a problem that can have serious repercussions, with strong links to your overall health. However, if you do have gum disease, the team at Dental Partners of Boston has an excellent treatment option to help you get it under control. This treatment is called LANAP.
How Does LANAP Work?
LANAP is a laser used to remove the diseased gums in the mouth. There are a few basic steps in the LANAP procedure.
- The doctor uses the laser to remove the infected gums from around the teeth.
- Next the doctor uses the laser to remove the plaque buildup around the teeth. (Gum disease leaves the roots of teeth exposed and the plaque accumulates around them.)
- Finally, the laser goes over the the gums one more time to make sure all the bacteria that caused the gum disease is dead.
After the procedure, new healthy gums start to grow back, giving you a much healthier mouth, and anchoring your teeth safely.
Why Choose LANAP?
LANAP is a minimally invasive procedure and has a quick recovery time. Here are some of the benefits of LANAP:
- There are no stitches, and no cutting involved
- Only one treatment is needed
- High success rates
- Short recovery time
Call Dental Partners of Boston today to make your appointment today!