We all want a fantastic smile and a healthy mouth. But the type of treatment you elect to receive depends on whether you need treatment because of medical necessity or for purely cosmetic reasons.
If you need treatment because of injury or illness, it’s essential to come in and have it treated.
Complete Smile Makeover Versus Full-Mouth Reconstruction
A complete smile makeover is a collection of treatments designed to improve the appearance of your smile and fix some of the underlying issues that might have led to a less-than-perfect smile in the first place. The aim is to combine various treatments to give you the smile you’ve always wanted, including adjusting tooth length, changing the smile line, adjusting tooth proportions and changing tooth texture. We augment your smile through cosmetic dentistry using techniques such as dental veneers, composite bonding, implants, teeth whitening, gum depigmentation, and pinhole surgery.
Full-mouth reconstruction is different. People have full-mouth reconstruction out of medical necessity, not for cosmetic reasons. The procedure involves rebuilding and restoring your upper or lower jaw using a variety of techniques. It’s something that patients need to ensure continued oral health and function.
Many people can benefit from full-mouth reconstruction, particularly those with damaged, broken or fractured teeth, those with severely eroded or worn teeth, or those who have lost teeth because of decay. Full mouth reconstruction builds the mouth from the bottom up, inserting implants, replacing damaged teeth, and dealing with any underlying decay issues.
Each full-mouth reconstruction is different and depends on the person. For some people, full-mouth reconstruction involves replacing multiple teeth, whereas, for others, only a few teeth need to be replaced. Full-mouth reconstruction may also incorporate a range of medically-necessary procedures, including dental bonding, root canal therapy, inlay and outlays, fillings and porcelain crowns.
The Benefits Of A Full-Mouth Reconstruction
The benefits of a full-mouth reconstruction are extraordinary.
- Better Oral Health. With full-mouth reconstruction, you can eliminate dental decay caused by the buildup of plaque and delay damage in the future. Full-mouth reconstruction can also reduce the incidence of periodontal disease, an inflammatory condition which attacks the supporting structure of the teeth.
- More Attractive Smile. A full-mouth reconstruction can utterly transform your smile with a combination of dental restoration techniques.
- Greater Confidence. Know that you’ll look great every time you smile.
- Eliminate Gaps, Crooked Teeth and Gummy Smiles. Full-mouth restoration is a great way to correct tooth and gum issues that might be preventing you from achieving a perfect smile.
- Achieve Better Overall Health. Decay, gingivitis and periodontal disease can all adversely affect your overall health, including increasing your risk of cardiovascular disease. With full-mouth reconstruction, you can eliminate harmful inflammation and get back on the road to health.
If you need treatment due to illness or injury, then come and visit Dental Parts of Boston today. We will ensure that you have both a HEALTHY and beautiful smile. Whether you need to fix a single broken tooth or require full-mouth reconstruction, you can depend on us to provide the corrective treatment you need to restore your health and confidence.