We all want a fantastic smile and a healthy mouth. There are different types of dental treatment to keep your smile looking vibrant. Dental treatments are either for health and medical reasons or for cosmetic reasons. In this article, we discuss the difference between cosmetic dentistry and medically necessary treatments.
Complete Smile Makeover
A complete smile makeover is a collection of treatments to improve the appearance of your smile. These treatments may also address some underlying issues that may have led to a less than desirable smile. Some treatments include adjusting tooth length, changing the smile line, adjusting tooth proportions, and changing tooth texture. We augment your smile through cosmetic dentistry using techniques such as dental veneers, composite bonding, dental implants, teeth whitening, gum depigmentation, and pinhole surgery.
Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full-mouth reconstruction is different because it is out of medical necessity, not for cosmetic reasons. The procedures involved rebuild and restore your upper and/or lower jaw using a variety of techniques. It’s a set of procedures needed to ensure continued oral health and function.
Many people can benefit from full-mouth reconstruction, particularly those with damaged, broken, or fractured teeth. Also, those with severely eroded or worn teeth or those who have lost teeth because of decay may benefit. Full mouth reconstruction builds the mouth from the bottom up, inserting implants, replacing damaged teeth, and dealing with any underlying decay issues.
Each full-mouth reconstruction is different and depends on the person. For some people, full-mouth reconstruction involves replacing multiple teeth. Whereas, for others, only a few teeth need to be replaced. Full-mouth reconstruction may also incorporate a range of medically necessary procedures, including bone grafting, gum grafting, dental bonding, root canal therapy, inlay and outlays, fillings, and porcelain crowns.
The Benefits Of A Full-Mouth Reconstruction
The benefits of a full-mouth reconstruction are extraordinary.
- Better Oral Health. With full-mouth reconstruction, you can eliminate dental decay caused by the buildup of plaque and delay damage in the future. Full-mouth reconstruction can also reduce periodontal disease, an inflammatory condition that attacks the supporting structure of the teeth.
- More Attractive Smile. Full-mouth reconstruction can utterly transform your smile with a combination of dental restoration techniques.
- Greater Confidence. Know that you’ll look great every time you smile.
- Correct Cosmetic Issues. Eliminate gaps, crooked teeth, and gummy smiles. Full-mouth restoration is a great way to correct tooth and gum issues preventing you from having a perfect smile.
- Achieve Better Overall Health. Decay, gingivitis, and periodontal disease can all adversely affect your overall health, including increasing your risk of cardiovascular disease. With full-mouth reconstruction, you can eliminate harmful inflammation and get back on the road to health.
If you need treatment due to illness or injury come and visit Dental Partners of Boston today. We will ensure that you have both a healthy and beautiful smile. Whether you need to fix a single broken tooth or require full-mouth reconstruction, you can depend on us. We provide the corrective treatment you need to restore your health and confidence. Schedule an appointment today for a consultation.